New version of 2N® Access Commander 1.6.0
Before the end of the year, we will be rolling out a new version of the 2N® Access Commander software. The software allows administration of building access authorisations and the bulk of 2N devices to be configured. As we see security as an integral part of modern access systems, the new version has improvements in this area.
Version 1.6.0. offers the following functions:
- Security – the conditions for default factory passwords have been tightened up. The system now requires the default password to be changed during the administrator's first login. For new users, passwords are automatically generated by the system and sent to their specified email address, and default passwords for connected devices are also automatically changed. After installation, the system will thus be more resilient to random external attacks.
- Validity of access data – the validity and expiry of a user’s access card and active PIN in the system can now be easily configured on the user tab. This function is often used for prepaid access to, for example, fitness centres, or for seasonal workers.
- Bulk events – thanks to newly implemented bulk actions you can now easily add several selected users to a group, back up several devices at the same time, or add selected devices to a selected zone.
- Import and Export – we have expanded options in the Attendance section for bulk data export from the 2N® Access Commander for broader use, such as in more advanced attendance and billing systems.
- Support for the 2N® Helios IP Base access intercom – this version of the software fully supports the new 2N® Helios IP Base intercom.
You can find a summary of all the new functions in the Download section, including the download links for version 1.6.0 of the new software for each specific product.